Sunday 18 July 2010

Cynthia says thank you to all who attended her book launch

Hi everyone I thought you may be interested to know that the book launch was a huge success. The food was good, the company excellent, and we achieved far more than we ever expected by way of remunerations for Martin House. A big thank you to all those of you who contributed either by writing your memories or by bringing raffle prizes. Many of you on the blog were unable to participate in the work as I was reluctant to steal Jane's thunder. However I'm sure she will have things up her sleeve which will need your participation. Watch this space.
We have almost sold out of books so without another print run it will soon be the end of a two year project. It's been great fun...most of the time and I have met some wonderful people I would never otherwise have known. I need to say a very big thank you to Fred Dubber for all his help and cooperation, and Jane for allowing me to use the blog to advertise my work. You may like to know that the book has now reached around the world! There are copies in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Germany, and throughout the UK. This was something I had never anticipated. I have just received an email this morning from Harry Dodgson,in Australia a contributor to the book who wants a further three copies sending over for people in his writing group. Martin House Hospice for children accepted a cheque for £566 and there will be more to add shortly.At least now Marguerite hospital will not be forgotten in a hurry.
Thanks again.
Cynthia.

See the article in the Wetherby News

At the Pax Inn Book Launch

No comments: